Oil(fossil fuel) might be the main source of energy for us,mankind. Millions of Barrels of Oil are being sold everyday,what for?to fulfill our demand. As u know that the demand itself will never go down because oil is something which is used by every single person in every single country. But,have you ever imagined if someday,this oil runs out?what will happen?
*no one will ever use car again
*no food supply
And as we know,oil is not a renewable energy,it takes million of years just to get what we can get now. We can’t just rely ourselves for the scientists hoping and wishing they’ll soon find out an alternative replacement for oil. We can do at least reduce the use of oil.
Here’s the e-mail I got from greenpeace international mailing list
How to Reduce the use of oil:
In the wake of the ongoing catastrophe of the Gulf oil spill, lots of people have been asking us how they can reduce their oil consumption in their daily lives. Here’s our top ten:
1. Carpool, cycle or use public transport to go to work.
2. Choose when possible products packaged without plastic and recycle or re-use containers.
3. Buy organic fruits and vegetables (fertilisers and pesticides are based on oil more often than not).
4. Buy beauty products (shampoo, soap, make-up) based on natural ingredients, not oil.
5. Choose when possible locally produced products (less transport involved).
6. Buy clothes made out of organic cotton or hemp – not from oil derivatives.
7. Use non-disposable items in picnics and summer festivals.
8. Quit bottled water.
9. Fly less.
10. Demand that your government
encourage renewable energy instead of oil
After reading this,you might want to think again.
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.